Thursday, December 13, 2012

67. Thoughts

Donk! The realization just hit me; I am one lucky guy! Here's why:

Life. I'm still alive. Pretty impressive for being in Bolivia with diseases and scary people.

Fruit. I get sick and tired of eating fruit. Which means that I can have all I want!

Worth. I am needed here. Feeling useful is the best feeling in the world.

Knowledge. I am learning Spanish free of charge! No expensive college courses required.

Skills. Cooking, house maintenance, chain-sawing, gardening, bread baking, and parenting are all useful skills for the future that I absorb just by being here.

Co-Workers. The volunteers down here are great! Plus, I was able to come down with an awesome pal of mine, Chad. Without him, there would be way more dull moments.

Support. Many missionaries go into the field themselves. I went with Southern, my family, and friends. They constantly be sure to send reminders of their love: like care packages!!

God. He is all around me. And always has been. It's just a lot easier to see him in a an environment with fewer distractions and greater needs. Being able to more easily commune with him makes this experience irreplaceable. I would never have this much time to spend with Him in His word without this place.

**Keep adventurizing!...I know I will!**

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts Eric!...thanks for sharing... maybe some of them will rub off on us!
    Love
    -Dad

    ReplyDelete