Thursday, December 13, 2012

65. The Chameleon Imposter!!!

Monday, 12/10/12

My favorite animal is the chameleon. I did not see one to day. But I think I came as close as I ever will in Bolivia.

Thank goodness for Stephen!! He got up at 5 and made breakfast for the kids. I did not have to wake up until 8!

Chad went into down for the morning off. I stayed and played dad. At the breakfast table, as I slipped the kids sugar for their oatmeal (don’t get mad at me Stephen!), I made an anouncement. They had to do chores and wash their clothes before I watched them swim in the creek. Surprisingly, they responded to the organization quite well and were swimming in the creek in about an hour.

Actually, they washed clothes while they swam and tackled each other in the water. I tried to fix the riding mower by myself, but failed miserably. But then...my week was made.

Everyone keeps telling me that they keep seeing my favorite animal, chameleons, on the campus of Familia Feliz. I did not believe them at first, since I thought they were only indigenous to Madagascar. But they kept persisting so I believed them, and waited for the day to see it! Today was the day.

Everyone knows I like these reptiles. They change colors and their eyes move asymetrically! How cool is that?! I made sure to tell everyone that when they find one, to show me! So when the kids found one today...they showed me!

It wasn’t a chameleon. I think it was a large anole. I knew they weren’t here in Bolivia! However, this lizard was cool!! I’m not sure, but I think its eyes moved asymmetrically too, and it changed from green to brown and back again in front of our eyes! We had a great time holding and trying not to get bit by it.
There he is: the fake chameleon himself

Not sure how he is not smiling right now

Yup. I'm a happy man.

I am trying to convince Chad to keep him in his beard as a pet

Juansito was wearing the perfect shirt!

It changed to brown

Even got a little feisty


Not a chameleon, but still pretty cool! I love the jungle!

**Keep adventurizing!...I know I will!**

4 comments:

  1. That is one crazy lookin lizard! Radical, dude. Tell Chad his beard would be the perfect place for a pet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His beard is the perfect place to put anything. Especially snacks.

      Delete
  2. Did you guys name him? Great pics Eric....thanks!
    -Dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I call him Dexter the Cool Pseudochameleon. And that's the short version.

      Delete