Thursday, December 13, 2012

63. Volleyball in a Racquetball Court

The creek was full due to the rainy season
Sabbath, 12/9/12

Today ended even better than it started.

We woke up late! 8:00, because church was not until 10:00. How could it start better than that?!

Church consisted of hymns and a children’s Bible video that my mom sent down. Moses. I then made mahalito for everyone--a total disaster! I usually use the fire to make the rice, but I wanted to make it quicker and use our gas stove.

 Nope, the fire is way quicker. I waited 2 1/2 hours for the water to boil when it should take no more than 30 minutes on a hot fire. And...it was even done when we ate it! It was still sticky and some rice kernels were still hard! I made it up to them by giving them tons of fruit.

We hung out outside the rest of the day. Then I reheated the fire and recooked the hard mahalito. I had just finished when Milton, Joy’s son, came to me and urgently said, “We are going to play volleyball in town. If you want to come, we are leaving right now!

Volleyball. Is my magic word. As soon as he said that, I was in! I rounded up the troops and then...we waited for everyone else for about an hour. We could have been eating our rice!!When will I ever realize that Bolivian time is an hour late.

We then went into town around 8 p.m. We walk down this narrow hallway to two racquetball courts that are used for volleyball. Cool. The rules are different too. You can use the walls. We played for a while and taught the littler kids how to play. We did not get home til 10:30 and by that time, all the kids were dropping like flies.



Volleyball!...
...in a racquetball court! Bolivia is the coolest!


**Keep adventurizing!...I know I will!**

No comments:

Post a Comment