Tuesday, December 4, 2012

55. Care Package and the Trailer


 Friday, 11/30/12

Two fantastic things happened to day. My parents demonstrated their enormous love for me, and we finished Juan's baby!

Chad and I had some errands to run in town. We were in town for 4 hours, but I do not remember much of it. I am distracting by the huge package that was waiting for me at the sad excuse for a post office. I showed my passport, paid 1 1/2 dollars for the fee, and embraced the package as if it was my own. I brought it home as soon as possible and peered inside.

It was better than Christmas! It had a cards from my family, a Christmas tie from my grandma, toys for the kids, my favoite snacks for me, Bible stories in spanish, and other meaningful sentiments. Take a peek yourself. It means a lot when you know your family in the States still remember you. I'll admit it like a man: sometimes, usually when I think of my mom's food, I get homesick. Thankfully I have God and my parents package to take me through.
Merry Christmas!

When I got back, the trailer was almost finished! We worked for a bit more and voila...the superb artwork was completed. Juan almost cried out of joy. Check out these pics.
Before...
...after!!
We were quite proud of our handiwork

One project down, a thousand left.  We then promptly began on fixing the mower...
That's usually how it works. Chad and I just watching Juan do his thing.













It started to pour...so we did the common sense thing...played soccer!

Then, an hour later, it was hot and sunny. So Chad and I took the kids swimming while Juan and Emy finished packing.

I treated them with Mango juice and we went to bed after I showed Juan and Emy how to work their camera.

**Keep adventurizing!...I know I will!**

1 comment:

  1. Googly Eyes! (or wiggly??) What a great package :) and an even better looking trailer! Good work, Houston.

    ReplyDelete