Thursday, December 6, 2012

56. Daddy Day Care

The new pops
Saturday, 12/1/12

Happy December! There is no snow on the ground, but I'm feeling Christmasy already. Time to spread the holidays. Presents are already being given out! The kids each got two new Daddy's today!!!...Let's see if they will want to return them anytime soon.

We had a short and sweet Church service today. I loved the sermon the most. Melissa read Uncle Arthur’s Bible Stories for the sermon. It was the one about the shepherd and his lost sheep. One of my favorites when I sat on my grandfather’s lap back in the day.

Oh! Jose, a 17-year old from the boys dorm, moved in last night. I think I will appreciate his company. I think I will put him in charge of watching the boys at night. Hopefully, we will all sleep sounder that way. He is a good guy, and now I can tutor him in English easier. Which he is excited about.






Not Jose!...Ahhh! (haha)


After lunch, little Juan went fishing and got a hook in his finger! Pretty deep too! Emy came over and we tried to gently coax it out. No luck. We looked at each other, and without saying anything, we began to execute our plan. She put alcohol in his wound. He screamed. I held him down really tightly. He screamed. Emy yanked with all her might. He REALLY screamed. I might be deaf for a bit. But!...she got the hook out!! I don’t know why, but I then told him, “See, that is how the fish feel...but in their mouth!”. Emy and Chad both laughed.




Excited to go on vacation!


Juan and Emy left around 7 p.m. to Santa Cruz for a well-deserved 1 month vacation. They will probably return around January 4th. Until then, it’s Daddy Daycare Time!! Chad and I will be the sole parents for these 8 boys. Oh boy! This will be fun. My parenting and spanish skills better be amazing after this baptism by fire!






All prayers will be gladly appreciated! :)

**Keep adventurizing!...I know I will!**

1 comment:

  1. By the sound of things, you guys will do just fine this month. Seems like you have things pretty much under control and your parenting skills are quite admirable. Keep up the great work, and continue enjoying what you're doing, even through the tough times. Time is going quickly, you've only got 6 more months, so don't take anything for granted, and keep making lasting memories. Thanks as always for your superb posts. Love you lots! -Dad

    ReplyDelete