Monday, November 5, 2012

31. Tickling Solves Wars

Tuesday, 10/30/12
Happy Tuesday!
I taught in the morning today. My highscoolers are learning professions and phrases that are useful in daily conversations. "You are cool!" and the popular surfing term "radical" are a few of their favorites so far.
After lunch I finished making bread with Stephen. He talked about exotic Birch and Rhubarb syrup. My eyes grew big and I'm pretty sure I started to drool. He then went on to talk about other delicious foods--all of which we can't get here in Rurre! For me, that is pretty much a form of torture.
After this it was music time! Finally. This was the first time I played guitar since I was here. We were singing all the Christian goodies for a good hour or so.
I then tossed, tickled, and tackled the kids who were throwing dirty bread dough at me as I was attempting to strum the guitar. It was a war that I had to pacify. Someone please tell the existing world powers that tickling solves everything...even wars!
My family ate supper. I talked to them for a couple hours as two of my nephews fell asleep on my lap.
The biggest surprise of the day came at 8:00 at night when I was talking to Erin and Chad. Erin then popped out the question, "Hey, so...you want to teach my crazy, rambuntious, never-sitting-down, always-fighting kinder, first, and secondgraders for me tomorrow?" Okay, it wasn't quite like that, but that's what I interpreted. I foolishly replied yes. I look forward to teaching those little guys tomorrow while Erin's away, but let us see if I have any energy left tomorrow?
**Keep adventurizing!...I know I will!**

1 comment: