Monday, November 12, 2012

37. I´m a ¨Papa¨!

Thursday, 11/8/12

Today was a sad day for the Happy Familia (Familia Feliz). Erin Messinger, the beloved missionary for more than a year, left today.

From a Queen size bed to a
¨knees stick off the end¨ bed
I woke up, fed the kids since it was Juan and Emy´s day off, and then Erin came by to say ¨bye¨to the boys. There were tears. I then taught English class for the Sophomores, then looked for Erin. Everyone said she left already. Bummer, I didn´t get to say goodbye! Well, I went to her old room (which is now my new one), and started moving my stuff in. Juan, my new ¨son¨, then came by and made my day. He asked me if I would now be watching over him and Miguel . I said yes and he then jumped in my arms and hugged me and said ¨Papa¨. Cheesy, but so cool.


Miguel with his favorite toy
Juan with his favorite food












I walked back for my class with the Juniors and Seniors and then heard people calling my name to say bye to Erin. She gave me some last second tips, a hug, and she was off. She did so much good for this place and will be hugely missed!

Guava juice
In line for Guava juice
I then taught the third grade English class, followed by the 7th grade English class. I was already quite tired by lunch time, but the day just began. I had 14 kids (12 nephews and 2 new sons) to keep busy for the rest of the day. We had lunch together (good thing we have a big table), and then I treated them with some Guava juice I had been saving. They then washed clothes, swam in the creek, and then kicked penalty kicks for snacks.

Fishing
Penalty kick shootout
All 14 kids swimming in the creek
Will he save it?











Supper came fast and we all had a great conversation about animals at the dinner table. Juan and Emy then came to town and relieved me of my nephews.
The boys´ beds

I finished moving all my stuff into my new room and put on the movie UP (to fulfill a wish of Erin´s) on for them. At 8:00 it was bedtime. We brushed teeth together, washed our faces, changed into jammies, read an illustrated Bible story, prayed, and went to sleep. I am starting to love bedtime.

Sweet dreams!



**Keep adventurizing!...I know I will!**

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing Eric. It is great to read all the updates. The part about Juan jumping into your arms Sierra and I just read and it makes us really happy. God bless out there! :)

    ReplyDelete