Sunday, November 18, 2012

42. Colors

Thursday, 11/15/12
Today was…colorful! In more ways than one.
I woke up at 2:00 a.m. with two cockroaches on me. For breakfast, I ate the cockroaches. Haha. Just kidding. For breakfast, I took Juan to Papa Juan and Emy’s house since it was my turn again to watch my nephews. I knew most of them would leave tomorrow so I enjoyed every minute with them. I made sure to bring my hot sauce to treat them.

These guys are pros.
They could give Goliath some trouble too!

After breakfast we took out our slingshots. Annie gave me a sweet, high-tech slingshot that I tried to use. I am not quite a David with a sling. Annie on the other hand is quite talented. We aimed for a hornet’s nest at the top of the water tower.


Trying to look like I know what I´m doing

I then tutored David for two hours. A lizard then walked into our classroom. We tried to catch it but the little guy was fast! Annie had the best luck but only caught his tail! Only his tail! The rest of him ran off. The thing kept wiggling on for minutes—pretty creepy, but quite intriguing.
I played soccer and marbles with my 13 kids. Then, we found a baby bird that fell out of its nest. We fashioned a stick to put it back in its nest. They loved that and felt like heroes.



The once white wall after they cleaned it
I then helped them gather school supplies for their end-of-the year project. I turned around for thirty seconds, and then stared at the once white wall. There were blue hand prints all over it! I made them clean it for an hour. I was surprised at how well the paint came off. I will have to touch it up with bleach later on though.

My bread set-up...Annie seems to likeit!
Steven then decided to surprise the kids for their last breakfast: sweet cinnamon rolls!! Oh boy! However, this would require an all-night process. I would mix the bread from 8-10 p.m. and he would wake up at 12 to make bread until 5:00 a.m. and then I would help again at 5:00 for the rest of the day.
I was mixing our doughs when the fireworks started! They were lame, until they took out the 8 huge, expensive ones. They were gorgeous! I watched the first four then realized my boy, Juan, was still sleeping! This was a man moment he couldn’t miss. I woke up the grouchy grump, literally shoved his feet in his flip flops, and dragged him out the door. He got to see the fading light of the last firework. It was all in vain! I felt bad for the little guy, but at least he got to get scared by the loud noise!
I then finished prepping the first at 11 p.m. then fell asleep content with my colorful day of brown cockroaches, red lizard tail, yellow baby bird, bright fireworks, and the now blue wall!
**Keep adventurizing!...I know I will!**

No comments:

Post a Comment