Monday, November 26, 2012

48. More Changes

Friday, 11/23/12
Familia Feliz is always changing. The kids and volunteers come and go, new buildings are erected, and my job descriptions keep changing. Today, I am moving with my boys back into my first house. We will be a big happy family once again.

This meant that we had to leave our old room. It was dirty! I seek to find work for Juan each day to keep him busy, teach him skills, and increase in his manliness. Today, I asked him to help me clean the room with Brayan. He did not like that. We had each moved our own stuff out of the room, but Miguel’s old stuff and trash still remained. Since it wasn’t his, he was having none of it. He wouldn’t move. Therefore, I had to encourage him by letting him know that there would be no playing the rest of the morning if he didn’t start cleaning in 5 seconds. He didn’t! This was the first time he blatantly disobeyed me. I don’t think he thought I would actually go through with it. But I was serious, and now he knew it and was crying constantly.

Not too shabby for a makeshift home

I then said he would have to take out the trash alone in 5 seconds if he didn’t move, this time he abliged right away! He had learned his lesson, but he was now angry at me. I thought, how can this kid be mad at me after all I have done for him in these past two weeks. He had a great time until now, and since he isn’t having a blast right now he is mad at me? How can he forget how much I love him so quickly? Light bulb! I realized, “This is how God must feel!” We get angry or forget his love for us so easily. Our memory is worse than my little Juan. This was another one of those God moments you can only experience as a parent. I cherish them. I then told Juan how we would play with the tire later that afternoon and he ran to me, gave me a hug, and said he was sorry. We had a talk about it later on, too.

It even has a reading chair! Thanks Erin!

After we were all moved in, Emy made us a delicious lunch. She made breaded mushrooms, cauliflower, and veggie meat. Deep fried! I thought I was at a county fair! I was sure happy to be back in this house!! To all you women out there, food is definitely the way to my heart! Hehe.
It started pouring kittens and puppies. Tropical rainstorm. I’m surprised the rain bullets did not make holes in the ground. My nephews were stoked that we had joined them and they were all over me as I tried to sit and talk in my chair. We made pizza with olives for supper! While I was pitting these miniscule olives, Brayan decided to run away! I didn’t blame him, there aren’t any kids left his age to play with…he can never get away from little Juan. Juan and Emy thought we should go look for him, but he’s a fourteen-year old. He’ll return when he gets hungry. He won’t ever want to come back if we suffocate him. As predicted, he returned in time for supper. I asked where he had gone, he told me some school, and then I asked, “Why didn’t you stay there? The girls are not pretty enough?” He burst out laughing and then said that he liked it here better. “And the food is better,” he said. He agreed to never leave again. We’ll see about that.

We then went to the Friday circle worship, relaxed in our house, blew bubbles with baby Emily, and I hung out with Brayan. He is quite the diva and loves to pose for pictures.
Chilling with Brayan!
Happy Sabbath all!!

**Keep adventurizing!...I know I will!**



No comments:

Post a Comment