Monday, November 26, 2012

45. Juan´s Eggciting Disappointment

Tuesday, 11/20/12
I even decorated it! And, boy was I proud!
I woke up. Sniffed the air. Realized there was no food smell. Uh oh! Time to cook for my boy. This could be dangerous. Juan, Amy, Annie and I were going swimming in town today, but I had to get some food into Juan first.
I looked in the kitchen. First thing I saw was eggs.  Omelets it is! I made a fire, then dumped onions, peppers, tomatoes, oil, potatoes, and eggs into a pan. Tah dah! Food! I hate eggs, but I was sure proud of myself, because I knew Juan loved eggs and would enjoy my master piece.

He was excited!...which must have
made his disappointment greater! haha.

After breakfast we caught a passenger bus into town. On the way, I was “bragging” how I couldn’t cook for beans but managed to make the best omelet ever this morning. I wanted proof so I asked Juan if he liked my food. His reply? “No, too much oil.” I was stunned! Ouch, who would say that to their guardian, even if their food really did taste awful?! Haha. Well, I should be used to everything these kids do to me, but this one just makes me laugh every time.

Friends, popsicles, and a pool...nice.

We went to the French bakery and we ate more food. Yummo! Some of the pastries here are very similar to the desserts in Portugal, so it always fills me with warm fuzzies. This stuff was also loaded with oil and grease but Juan seemed to like it! Little punk! J We then swam for three hours, and then had planned to run errands for a bit. Nope! Joy came to the pool at 3 and said we had to go now! The roads were going to be closed for the census tomorrow. We loaded up and scrambled away!
My good friend, Ron, and his wife, Lauren, were coming with us for a sleep over. It was great to have them at Familia Feliz! They always welcome us like family when we go to town, and now we got to return the favor. Plus, Ron has an awesome beard! What’s not to love?!
He´s my inspiration. That will be my beardliness one day!
He doesn´t even have to smile...his beard expresses his happiness for him!
 We got back home, made bread, cooked, ate, and then watched a sermon on the DVD player Ron brought with him.
**Keep adventurizing!...I know I will!**

No comments:

Post a Comment