Monday, November 26, 2012

49. Field Trip to Another Church

Saturday, 11/24/12
Good morning world! It was nice to wake up in my old, queen sized mattress again! I’m getting spoiled all over again.
We ate breakfast, then got ready for church. Today, we all went to a church down the street to fellowship with others.  I was looking forward to the adventure. Brayan was too until he realized all my nephews would surround him the whole time. Now he knows how I feel. He wanted to stay, but made me smile when he said, “Are you sure you want to go? Stay with me and we can do something cool!” He said that all in English. Pretty impressive. I wanted to but told him I had to help watch the little guys at the church. He decided to stay with Melissa anyways.
The church was beautiful. An open shelter with flowers, fruit, and birds all around. The congregation was small, yet genuine and the pastor reminded me of my “vovo” (grandpa) in Brazil: wrinkly, energetic, and extremely Christ-like. However, they sang at least 20 songs…by this time I had no voice and was dehydrated. And, I was deaf from the guy playing the accordion right by my ear. However, I enjoyed it all and hope we will return.
After lunch I slept for an hour. I then hung out with Steve, Emy, and Juan. I then looked after Joel’s kids as he and the big kids played volleyball for the last time since they were all leaving in the next few days. I cooked them stir fry for sandwiches and then it started to storm. Not long after, Joel barged in soaking wet. They had all turned around because of the rain. I was off the hook but decided to stay and play with his kids since three were leaving for good tomorrow.
Ciao til tomorrow.
*Keep adventurizing!....I know I will!**

No comments:

Post a Comment