Sunday, March 31, 2013

126. :)


Wednesday, 3/27/13

So, in my devotionals today, the emphasis was on cheerfulness. I decided to be super cheerful today. The result: the kids would not leave my side. They were addicted to this contagious twinkle in my eye. I loved it too.

I went to shovel so they decided to join me. I played soccer, even Rodrigo joined me. I brought them to church and they almost suffocated me as they all crammed into the same bench as me. Afterwards, I tried to get some shut-eye as I sat at the entrance of the house. Nope, they would not let me. At one point I had Rodrigo, Juansito, Fermin, and Edwin fighting for prime real-estate on my bony lap.
 
I do not want to sound manipulative, but the next time the kids will not listen to me use this newfound magic God showed me today. Yeah, it wasn’t all joyful. 6-year old Miguel and 11-year old Moises got in a surprisingly equal fist fight and David could not eat supper because he ignored Chad, but a “Merry heart [really does] do good like medicine!” –Psalms 117:22.

When I returned from digging, Chad was warming up the shower that his brother sent him. It is a bag that you put in the sun to warm. Then, simply hang it on a hook and let it rain baby. While slightly awkward, I took a shower in front of all the kids (with swimming trunks on) and they were all amused and dying to take pictures of the spectacle. Feast your eyes! Haha!!

**Keep adventurizing!...I know I will!**

No comments:

Post a Comment