Sunday, March 24, 2013

122. New Teeth, Moto, and a Birthday Party



Sunday, 3/17/13

Juan has got his smile back. Say cheese!

Chad and I pitched in to fix his teeth. Now they are real pirty. Muy bonitas in espaƱol.

Chad and I got a day off and enjoyed it online. I did some school stuff and talked with friends and family. I cannot believe that I will see most of them in a little more than 2 months. Time is a’ cruisin’ by.

The truck left around 4 p.m., but Chad and I decided to stay. I wanted to skype a little more, so Chad called his contact. He knew this taxi guy that said he would give us a ride home for just 10 Bs each at 8 p.m. I was skeptical but agreed to try it out. I was right, it was too good to be true.

The guy arrived punctually at 8 o’ clock to pick us up. However, he wanted 30 Bs. Chad was understandingly frustrated and said no. We decided to stay the night since it would only cost another 20 Bs. As we walked away, two guys came up and asked how much we would pay. I said 20. He said, “Because you work for the children, I will gladly give you a ride. But usually it is way more than 30 Bs at nighttime.

We had a pleasant ride and the guy kept talking about how he wants to found his own orphanage. He returned us and told us that we can call him anytime. We just might. We will do anything for more time with friends and family in town.

When we arrived home it was Emy’s Birthday! She is two years old now and in perfect health. God has answered prayers by keeping her healthy. She is turning out to be quite the princess over our 12 boys.



Juan smiles at his baby girl with his brand new teeth as she blows out the candles

Pretty impressive for this part of the world


**Keep adventurizing!...I know I will!**

No comments:

Post a Comment