Sunday, March 10, 2013

119. Cross of Rurre




Saturday, 3/10/13




Chad and I had a memorable day. We were able to make Sabbath special for some lucky student.

We pre-chose 6 students4 girls and 2 boys. We cooked rice for lunch, went to the real church in Rurre, and climbed a mountain that had the Cross of Rurrenabaque.

**Keep adventurizing!...I know I will!**

Sunday, 3/11/13

Chad and I realized today that we have been in Bolivia a longggg time! Here are 3 reasons why:

1.    Longggg Hair
         So, Chad and I look totally different from 6 months ago. We compared pictures from today to our first week in Bolivia. We looked good back then! Chad looked 10 years younger and I look smart and intelligent. Now, Chad looks 26 and I look like a goober with a bunch of knock, knock jokes for intelligence. I do not even remember us ever looking like that. It took us by surprise.


BEFORE
AFTER
 
2.    Marriages
         We are out the loop. Facebook tends to notify us with unexpected events. One of them is that all of our friends are getting married. Whoa! When did they even start dating?

3.    Spanish
         What is this English you speak of? I vaguely remember it. Haha. We have been bathed in Spanish and it is starting to show. For startersI SLEEPTALK IN SPANISH! Chad witnessed me babbling and wrote down what I said. I feel like I am going to accidentally be speaking Spanish to everyone in the American Airports, and to the McDonalds we eat at back in the States. UhPerdonquiero un Happy Meal con sandwiches de quesosin queso, por favor! It feels great to be asked to translate back here at Familia Feliz for the new volunteers. We still have a long ways to gobut sleeptalking in Español is a good sign.

**Keep adventurizing!...I know I will!**

4 comments:

  1. Eric... You ARE a goober with knock-knock jokes for intelligence. That's all I wish to pull out of this blog. Good work kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say go back to the good looking boys I knew before!! The outside should reflect the good is insides of you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's the thing, Kristen. We are no longer good looking boys. We are men (envision me saying that with a deep and manly voice)! And the outside now reflects that! :)

    ReplyDelete