Thursday, January 10, 2013

84. Harmoniousnessfulness


Friday, 1/4/13

A beatiful day at Familia Feliz
Today was simple, but super great. I just had a pleasant, joyous day with my boys. One of those days when the activities do not make a lasting impression, but the feelings of that day last forever.

Chad left for town early. The boys and I ate Stephens food altogether and planned out our day. We were going to do chores, and instead of supervising them and breaking up chore quarrels I joined them! And guess what? No problems. Juan and Emy always says that I should tell the kids how to do their chores, but I wanted to give showing them how a go. They seemed to appreciate my humility. And besides, I told them that we would play soccer afterwards anyway. All of them versus meI lost! J




Then we ate lunch. The girls told me they would cook, but now they dont want to. Go figure. So we made rice and my moms amazing tomato salad with onions, garlic, oil, and salt. Delicioso! They want it every meal now. I do not blame them.

Then I showed the kids how to use the slinkies they got for Christmas. They were using them as weapons, so I had to intervene and show them how it was supposed to work. It was a novel and new idea to them. It took them a while to wrap their minds around it, but they got a kick out of it walking down the stairs.


I then worked on the generator for a bit while the kids went swimming with the girls.

That evening Steve and I sang with the boys for a bit and played cars with Juan.

What a mix: remote control cars and...

...singing hymns.

**Keep adventurizing!...I know I will!**

No comments:

Post a Comment