Thursday, January 10, 2013

82. More Gifts

-->
Wednesday, 1/2/13

Here is a list of surprises that just occurred today to show you that Familia Feliz is always, ALWAYS surprising me (and thankfully, that is usually a good thing):

1.    I thought I would be in town all day, but I was sent away at 9 a.m.
2.    I thought I had tried every food in town, but I discovered a treasure today.
3.    The mail was not supposed to work for a week, but I got Jimmys gifts today.
4.    Brayans mom surprised him when we all thought she was in Santa Cruz.
5.    We thought we would have to cook forever, but the girls will from now on!

I woke up and Joy arrived at my door shortly after. The kids who were flying to Santa Cruz today had not showed up yet, so she sent me in an express taxi to pick them up and run some chores. But before that, most importantly, I discovered more amazing food in town: a breaded thingy with heart of palm and yucca insidedelicious!!!

I left town feeling quite accomplished; my tummy was full and I didnt spend a cent! Chad will be so proud. Before I left, in the express taxi (a.k.a. expensive taxi that Joy sent me to Familia Feliz in) the mail lady told me there was mail. I excited received the package from her. It was from Jimmy and Heidifriends from Massachusetts that hooked me up with Christmas gifts for the students. Check out the pics!



 When I returned, I let Chad take the kids back to town and enjoy a bit of town time as I scrambled to clean Missys house for her arrival as well as Juan and Emys house since they were due soon as well. Brayans mom surprised us with a visit and might stay for a week or so.

I have amazing news! The girls were supposed to clean Missys house, but I got there and started before them! So they watched me clean the house and left without lifting a finger!! Girls! I made the most of itI guilted them into agreeing to cook for us for until Emy returned. They agreed!! Woohoo! My boys will finally have great food. We were not pros, but Chad and I held our own in the cooking department. We can make some great rice!

I ended the surprising day by surprising the kids with Jimmy and Heidis gifts.
The magic of "Christmas"...they NEVER get along!
Yeah! Presents!
The famous Juan smile

**Keep adventurizing!...I know I will!**

No comments:

Post a Comment