Thursday, January 10, 2013

79. Extended Stay in Town (Part 2)


Monday, 12/31/12

We woke up at 8:30. Groovy! We ate breakfast and a big fruit salad! Sweet! I messaged my parents. Awesome! Brayan left and did not come back for 2 hours. Not cool!!!!!

When Brayan finally returned, it was 11:00. Oh no! I wanted to get back in time for Chad to come to town in the afternoon. Hes gonna kill me!! Maybe Ill get him a tamarindo juicethat fixes everything!

While waiting for a taxi (which took 1 ½ hours, of course), my old friend appeared. Chad and I had met this guy on the tiny plane to Rurre. He has a pony-tail and a nice, laid-back demeanor. We talked about his family and other things. That was a highlight of my day.

We finally got back to Familia Feliz at 1:00. Chad decided leaving was not worth it. I felt bad. But I tried to convince him that I came back late so he would not go so that he would save money. hopefully he can go into town tomorrow.

In the afternoon, a super-friendly guy from church came and asked for the cement mixer. Joy was not here so I did not give it to him. I gave them Brayan instead. Brayan came back at 8.

I really wanted to give the belated gifts to the kids tonight. For New Years Eve!! I waited til late, but the key for Joys house did not show up. Finally, at 10 p.m., Brayan gave me the keyhe had it for two hours!! That punk. It was too late so I will play Santa Clause tomorrow for the first day of the year. Good way to start the year.

Plus, Chad and I gave permission to Brayan to pretend to be a robber and scare the daylights out of the girls. Hahathat was funny.

Feliz Ano Nuevo!!

**Keep adventurizing!...I know I will!**

No comments:

Post a Comment