Friday, May 24, 2013

161. More Cusco


Saturday, 5/18/13

View of Cusco
Yet another Happy Sabbath to my faithful readers, that includes you, Mom!

Today was delightful.

Our quaint hostal courtyard
Chad is sickish. So he slept until forever…past 12 o’clock. I finished my worship and finally woke Chad up. Food time. By this time I was more than ready for fine Cusco cooking. We went to a quiet place and met a Korean girl who ate with us at our time. She had visited every country I named. She is a writer who has been traveling for the past couple years. I love her style. She meets people, and ends up traveling with them—that includes us! After our good meal, she decided to join us when we go back to La Paz. Sweet! The more the merrier!

We then enjoyed the beautiful look-out of Peru and did some hiking. We hiked up, and up, and up. We basically scaled a cliff in the freezing weather. Breathing was just about impossible. We made it to the top huffing and puffing like the big, bad wolf in the three little pigs story. Except I was the big one and Chad was the one who looked like a wolf with the beard and all. When we finally straightened up, we beheld our destination, the statue of Jesus, and a bonus: Sacsaywaman! It is the ruins of the Incan temple. It seemed cool, but we did not want to pay an entry fee on Sabbath so ended up enjoying the statue and an alpaca. His name is Juanito. He is fluffy.

My homies
A  church

We hiked down, showered, and relaxed at the hostal for a bit to regain our breathe. Around 8, we went to check out the night life. We shopped, watched cultural dancing, and…ate!! My favorite part! We found a perfect little restaurant owned by a cute old couple. The larger attraction, however, was the menu. Check it out.

I went with the Blue Alpaca Sandwich (funnily named since actually made with soy and tofu). I hope it was not Juanito. But if so, he was pretty good!

Yummy, eh?

Sleep.

**Keep adventurizing!...I know I will!**

No comments:

Post a Comment