Sunday, April 21, 2013

138. Last Rice Day


Wednesday, 4/10/13

Enough is enough. Today is the last day dealing with rice. If we harvest the rest or if we do not, we have agreed that today is the last day.

We canceled school to spend the whole day in the rice field. From 8 until 11:30 we harvested rice in teams of five. I had two good workers and two…workers. We each had a quota of 2 bags to fill. My group was given two BIG bags. While I am convinced we worked swiftly, we had to return in the afternoon for two hours to finish up.

I am glad we were able to gain more rice to save more money for Familia Feliz. However, I am glad I will never have to blog about rice again. Granted, when I return to the USA, I will gladly help all of you with your rice fields (I feel like that is a pretty safe promise).

Tomorrow is Dia de Niños (Day of the Children). Instead of school, it is a big party day for the kids. Here is a hint of the upcoming festivities: I am going to spend all night tonight filling up  2,000 water balloons for the festivities.

**Keep adventurizing!...I know I will!**

No comments:

Post a Comment