Monday, February 11, 2013

108. Bed in the Jungle


Thursday, 2/7/12

       Today was peaceful. Tonight was the opposite.
      
       I spent the day helping Ali with the kids. We pretty much cooked and played all day and even did some laundry. Ali also tried to overcome her fear for tarantulas. That did not work too well.
       




       Then the fun began. At 11:00 p.m., Joy asked us to help her. The new director and about 7 more volunteers were supposed to arrive at 2:00 a.m. Knowing Bolivian bus travel I doubted it, but Chad and I helped nonetheless.

       Long story short, we were up until 2:00 a.m. carrying beds and mattresses into houses, falling off of the truck, sweeping floors, and even carrying a bed frame out from the jungle!! By the end of the night, we were really hoping the new volunteers would be worth it! Nawwe had a good time, some good laughs, and could not wait to see who would show up the next day. Trust me, we were not disappointed!

       **Keep adventurizing!...I know I will!**
      
     

No comments:

Post a Comment