Sunday, February 3, 2013

102. Diaper Day




       Wednesday, 1/30/13

       I am officially a man. I changed my first diaper today.

       Ali and I started the day with breakfast for the kids. Chad had to go into town to do some stuff. We then took inventory of all the things in the kitchen so that the new directors could bring the right supplies back from Santa Cruz. I then took a little nap with the goobers while Ali took a breather from the kids.

       Then, we could not find Alex. I found him at Missys house. Running around and having fun with his pants off. Good times.

       Then I brought the goober, Bismark, to Juans house where it was cooler. Juan and I made a pretty sweet workout schedule. After making lunch, the babies would not stop crying. I thought of only one thing that always made me happy: sports. I picked up Bismark and started playing soccer with the boys. Instant laughter!! I had hardly seen him smile, let alone laugh! The magic of soccer is incredible.

       Bismark suddenly turned bitter. Uh oh, he had a full nappy. It´s diaper time! I was determined to master the art before Chad. Well, Ali showed me where they were and I grabbed one. Then, I just stared. I had no clue how to open the thing. It looked like a space ship. There were straps and velcro and plastic all folded in this complex way. Well, I finally used my IQ and figured out how to complete my task. Voila! I am now a real man.

       We then all watched the Lorax before bed time. Even Bismark liked the Dr. Seuss classic. It is my favorite childrens book of all time, so I thoroughly enjoyed the kids flick.

       I tried to put Bismark to sleep so that Ali would not have to. I was slow close. But as I laid him on the bed, he woke up and started wailing. So frustrating!!! Mom, I want to take this time to apologizing for ever being a baby. It was already 10 p.m. so Ali took over as I went home and put the guy to sleep.

       **Keep adventurizing!...I know I will!**

No comments:

Post a Comment